How It Works
- Creates multiple radial fractures extending 10 to 50 feet from the wellbore. Minimal vertical growth avoids problems often associated with hydraulic fracturing
- Removes skin and clean up the wellbore damaged by perforators, drilling fines, cement, paraffin, mud cake, etc.
- Stimulates heterogeneous production zones, such as lenticular sands, with a higher probability of success. Fractures reach out in several directions, thus increasing your chance of intersecting the producing formations.
- Improves effectiveness of acidizing by fracturing first with the GasGun, allowing acid to etch new channels into formation.
- Enhances production in naturally fractured reservoirs by intersecting more fractures.
- Prepares well for hydraulic fracturing by breaking down formation first with the GasGun. Treating pressures are often dramatically reduced.
- Increases injection and withdrawal rates in gas storage wells damaged by compressor oils.
- Improves waterflood efficiency by providing increased and more uniform injection rates.